Accounting Manager (Full-time, remote)
$55.000 - $65.000
01 May → 31 May
About The Position
Ensemble Music Schools is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to help administer our growing portfolio of schools. This is a full-time, fully remote position that would be a great fit for an experienced accounting professional looking for better work-life balance!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a general ledger via NetSuite for our holding company and each of our subsidiaries; categorizing transactions, performing reconciliations, etc.
- Setting up new entities in NetSuite and creating an initial balance sheet (based on a purchase price allocation provided) for new schools as we continue to grow our portfolio
- Allocating payroll by school and by function (COGS/SG&A) for financial reporting purposes; serving as a backup for payroll processing (we have 2 FT payroll resources)
- Managing our modest accounts payable needs
- Assisting with sales tax filings, maintenance of legal entities and bank accounts, and other financial and regulatory compliance tasks
- Ultimately overseeing a junior bookkeeping resource as our business grows, although this will not be in place on Day 1
The successful candidate will be an organized, reliable self-starter with a detail-oriented mindset. A demonstrated interest in music and music education would be an asset.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. This position will be eligible for full benefits including health/vision/dental insurance and 401(k) after a waiting period of 30 and 90 days respectively. Preference will be given to candidates residing in one of our existing states of operation.
About Ensemble Music Schools
Ensemble Music Schools is a consolidator in the highly fragmented music school industry. Our acquired schools provide after-school and weekend private and group music lessons, primarily to children aged 5-18. We have acquired 42 schools across 13 states since inception in January 2019.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief cover letter. Diversity is a strength of our community and we invite all those meeting the above criteria to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000 - $65,000 per year plus benefits