A PR manager is a public relations and media expert in charge of overseeing a business or company’s public image. He’s the media spokesperson for the business, ensuring the business always has a positive public image to boost chances of marketing success. This type of digital marketing job in a remote way of operating is vital for gaining more customers, clients, partners, and even employees.
- Implement and manage public relations programs.
- Create and review business promotion ideas.
- Draft and edit press statements, announcements, and releases.
- Counter negative publicity.
- Write speeches on behalf of business owners and leaders.
- Be a spokesperson for the business at events and press conferences.
- Oversee and manage a PR team.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Confident oral communicator and presenter.
- Good computer skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Teamwork and organizational skills.
- Similar to remote digital communications jobs, being a PR manager requires a full understanding of social and mainstream media communications and relations.
- In-depth understanding of primary social media platforms.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field.
Email Campaign Manager
They plan, develop, implement, and manage email marketing strategies and campaigns. Experts in the use of end to end email marketing strategies, they help drive sales and customer engagement, ultimately making a profit for the business. Email campaign managers, just like other digital marketing jobs that are available in a remote environment, work closely with other factions of the company’s marketing and communications team to ensure the company’s entire marketing department is successful.
- Creating and managing email marketing campaigns.
- Oversee and manage an email marketing team.
- Collect and analyze data from email marketing campaigns.
- Ensure smooth relations between email marketing and other marketing efforts.
- Develop a lead generations strategy.
- Ensure prompt communication with client and partners.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Remote email marketing jobs require expert knowledge on email marketing and a sound grasp of digital marketing in general.
- Also, good computer skills.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Experience and proficiency in marketing automation.
- Knowledge of SEO and Google analytics.
- Experience with HTML and content management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business marketing or relevant field.
Ad Campaign Manager
Advertising campaigns are one of the most common forms of business marketing today, and Ad campaign managers are often the unsung heroes of the marketing department. Ad campaign managers plan and execute advertising campaigns to ensure the consistency and cohesion of all business and product adverts. Advertising campaigns are an essential source of revenue, which makes a huge chunk of this remote digital marketing jobs salary — hence why the campaign manager’s job is to ensure every advert is a step towards commercial success.
- Planning advertising campaigns.
- Help create advertising tools like logos, mottos, and billboard designs.
- Leading an ad marketing team.
- Regulating advertising budget.
- Researching the market for new advertising opportunities.
- Discussing and negotiating with advertising partners.
- Overseeing all advertisements through media agencies such as social media, websites, billboards, TV, radio, etc.
- Work closely with other marketing colleagues to ensure all marketing and advertising efforts are in perfect sync.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Adept with a computer.
- Oral and written computer skills.
- An extensive understanding of ad campaign management and marketing.
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Prior experience working in remote marketing like remote brand marketing jobs, remote advertising, remote affiliate marketing, etc.
- Experience dealing with media agencies and business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising or related field.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Strategists are the experts working behind the scenes of every digital marketing campaign. They identify market trends, measure resources, and come up with the best and most effective way to successfully market their brand and products. A lot of research and data analysis goes into being a digital marketing strategist; their job is all about figuring out the best marketing strategies given the digital assets at the marketing team’s disposal.
Below is a list of duties and qualities that these digital marketing jobs from home entail:
- Perform meticulous research on the market competitors and marketing trends.
- Perform audits on the company’s digital assets.
- Plan marketing strategies that include all channels and digital assets available based on your research.
- Update and maneuver marketing efforts to further boost sales and engagement.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Solid computer skills.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in strategic marketing roles.
- Knowledge of social media marketing, website design, and HTML.
- Experience in remote email or remote ecommerce marketing jobs.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and SEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR or a related field.
Remote Digital Marketing as a Profession
Digital marketing is one of the most vital parts of business marketing today. Before the advent of internet marketing, other more traditional forms of marketing were used to promote both businesses and products; including billboards, radio ads, and posters, which are still commonplace in marketing today.
Now, remote digital marketing is one of the latest developments in the online marketing industry as it allows businesses to employ marketing experts from anywhere in the world to promote their products. As a remote digital marketer, you can reside in the US and still apply for various remote digital marketing jobs in the UK, or you could even live in Canada and apply for a remote digital marketing job in Africa; the possibilities are endless, and the flexibility it offers is highly beneficial for both employer and employees.
Best Communication Softwares for Digital Marketers
Being on a remote marketing team demands consistent communication to ensure all marketing efforts are in sync. Here’s some of the best communication software for digital marketers:
When it comes to social media management, it doesn’t get any better than Hootsuite. This software allows you to create a virtual workspace where you and your team can communicate, assign work, and work on group projects together. You can also link your team workspace to your band’s social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and post content created directly from your workspace.
Slack is ideal for just about any form of teamwork- or business-oriented collaboration, and remote digital marketing jobs are no exception. Slack aims to bring work and communication together, and it’s a brilliant way of being up to speed with co-workers. Moreover, it can accommodate hundreds of remote workers at the same time and is highly customizable, allowing you to create different channels and workspaces for different facets of your business. Slack also has video, and audio call features, allowing you to track all business-related communications without too much hassle.
Trello is a fairly basic yet effective tool. Its clean UI helps you communicate with others and organize tasks more easily compared to other tools. Trello allows you to create a dashboard where you can separate projects based on labeled tags. You can label a job as “urgent,” “to be assigned,” or whatever you wish. Trello is also good for part-time workers who aren’t invited to the main business workspace; people working on a remote digital marketing internship, for example, can use Trello as a substitute for Slack or Hubspot.
Files can easily get misplaced — hence why teams look for tools that help them store and sort info. With Basecamp, all projects and tasks can be seen in a single dashboard, giving you a bird’s-eye view of just about everything going on in the workspace. This way, you know who’s working on what and everything is easily accessible to everyone from a single page. In simpler terms — basecamp is a fantastic tool, especially for remote entry level digital marketing jobs.
Asana has one of the best business-oriented interfaces out there, allowing you to assign tasks, give deadlines, communicate, and create your own CRM system. One of Asana’s best features is the “my task” view, which gives every team member a clear view of who is assigned to what and the exact requirements and deadline for ongoing projects. It also allows you to create your very own “to-do list.”
Best Time Management Tools for Digital Marketers
Adapting to a role as a remote worker can often be tasking, especially when it comes to the time-management department. Whether you work remote digital marketing jobs part time or full-time, you will have to prioritize time management in order to ensure punctuality. Here are some of the best time management software for digital marketers.
Harvest is an easy-to-use time-tracking software with invoicing and timesheet features. Moreover, it makes billable time tracking and invoicing easy, but it’s also great for casual time management. You can also view your time-tracking to analyze your work history. Harvest can also integrate other apps you use daily such as Slack, Asana, Twitter, etc.
Hubstaff allows both you and your remote team to track time spent on group projects together. Probably the best tool for remote jobs, and besides time tracking, Hubstaff also has other interesting features; it allows you to store files, screen activity, and assign and receive tasks. Hubstaff also uses a productivity calculator that can help calculate your efficiency.
Most time-tracking softwares rely on one or two unique features. Well, Tick’s trump card is its real-time budget tracking that helps allocate time to a project, as well as assign a budget cap. It’s an ideal tool for remote digital marketing jobs where pay is determined on a per hour basis. Tick has a lot of other helpful features as well, including a relatively simple interface, an effective messaging system, and other collaborative features. Tick isn’t free mind you, yet it’s well worth the price, and it’s compatible with both Android and iOS.
This time-tracking tool helps you optimize your work time and give you an idea of how much your time is worth. Toggl was built for collaborative work and group time tracking, with its primary goal being team productivity. Toggl’s “report” feature is one of its main advantages, as it shows you a breakdown of its time tracking results; a great feature for most virtual digital marketing jobs. You can request your report at any time, and the app will display what clients you worked for, what project it was, hours spent, what website you visited, and many more in a clean and detailed graph.
Time Doctor is your perfect do-it-all solution for tracking time as a remote digital marketer. With Time Doctor, you monitor and see the exact amount of time you spent on any given project, talking to clients, time spent on individual websites, and even time used during work breaks. One of this tool’s biggest advantages is that you can sync it with other popular remote tools like Asana and Trello, giving you the ultimate time and task management system.
Remote Digital Marketer’s Preferred Payment Methods
Remote marketing jobs aren’t like regular jobs, hence why there are no surprises that they don’t get paid like the regular staff. While cash and check are often the go-to payment methods for mainstream workers, salaries for remote workers are often paid in neither of these two methods, with other forms of payment being preferred, including the following:
PayPal is the most common form of online payment out there. It’s a third-party electronic platform that guarantees a swift and safe transfer of money. PayPal allows your employer to send you funds through a safe web space with just a few clicks, all you need is an approved PayPal account on both ends, and you can send an invoice to your client at any time and receive payments. Once the payment is in your account, you can withdraw funds to your bank account.
When freelance digital marketing jobs are concerned, Payoneer is Paypal’s number one market rival. Another e-payment platform, Payoneer is the most common alternative for PayPal, as it also enables a fast and easy transfer of funds between two parties. PayPal and Payoneer are fairly similar, with their fee structures being the only major difference. Making a Payoneer account is relatively easy, and you can start receiving payments for a low price with zero deposits.
As far as marketing popularity goes, Skrill isn’t quite on the level of PayPal or Payoneer but still remains a lucrative behemoth in the online merchant business. Skrill also lets you transfer funds internationally at the press of a button. However, the major advantage of Skrill is that it’s available for use in a lot more countries than Payoneer and PayPal. So, if you’re looking to apply for a remote digital marketing job in Europe, for example, you don’t need to worry about payment even if you reside on another continent; either Skrill, PayPal, or Payoneer will likely operate in your country of residence. Nevertheless, Skrill is generally more lenient in payment regulations but charges more in transfer fees.
Wired bank transfers are also an option if the other three options aren’t viable. Today, international and even local bank transfers aren’t as popular as they once were. However, it remains a quick and effective way of transferring funds. Bank transfers can be particularly useful when transferring large sums of money, which online merchants might have trouble processing or might charge large fees.