Professional Project Manager (Remote in the US)
$80.000 - $120.000
01 May → 31 May
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The world’s largest companies and public sector organizations trust DXC to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience. Learn more about how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues at DXC.com.
This position is to manage implementation and migration projects for the Assure Claims delivery team. The project manager will be the primary point of contact for customers implementing our product, Assure Claims. Candidate must be organized and well versed in project management tools and techniques. Insurance knowledge, particularly claims, as well as software delivery would be big pluses. Candidate must be in the US or Canada so they are in US time zones to communicate frequently with customers. Written and oral communication in English are mandatory. The project manager will work with business analysts and technicians in the US and India to delivery the customer's business objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for one or more medium sized projects of low to moderate complexity. Prepares detailed statements of work and gains concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjusts accordingly. Participates in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
- Assists in the staffing of projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participates in work as applicable.
- Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. May revise as appropriate.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project. Provides input on possible changes needed based on current project status.
- Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in project management
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Skilled in estimating and common project management desktop tools
- Good communication skills
- Good leadership skills to train, guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to manage medium sized projects
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Up to 10% travel
Compensation at DXC is influenced by an array of factors, including but not limited to the experience, job-related knowledge, skills, competencies, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. A reasonable estimate of the current compensation range for this position is $79,800 - $119,600.
Full-time hires are eligible to participate in the DXC benefit program. DXC offers a comprehensive, flexible, and competitive benefits program which includes, but is not limited to, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage; employee wellness; life and disability insurance; a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid time off; and much more.
If you are an applicant from the United States, Guam, or Puerto Rico
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment. View postings below.
We participate in E-Verify. In addition to the posters already identified, DXC provides access to prospective employees for the Federal Minimum Wage Poster, Federal Polygraph Protection Act Poster as well as any state or locality specific applicant posters. To access the postings in the link below, select your state to view all applicable federal, state and locality postings. Postings are available in English, and in Spanish, where required. View postings below.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email.
Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.