Campaigns and Events Graphic Designer
01 May → 31 May
Campaigns and Events Graphic Designer
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Created by UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement for gender equality provides a systematic approach and targeted platform on which men and boys can engage and become change agents towards the achievement of gender equality. Part of the Strategic Partnerships Division, the Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships and Advisory Services (MPAS) Section leads UN Women’s engagement with the private sector, corporations, philanthropy, foundations, and individuals - both in terms of a substantive components and resource mobilization - and it drives a wide range of UN Women’s global initiatives: HeForShe, Women Entrepreneurship Accelerator (WEA), Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) and UnStereotyped Alliance (UA). It also leads the work with all UN Women National Committees, and on the development of the individual/digital giving as well as Advisory Services business line for private sector. MPAS’ main aims are to ensure that UN Women develops and sustains high quality and impact focused partnerships to achieve maximum results for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The UN Women HeForShe initiative is looking for a Graphic Designer consultant to design & deliver graphic collateral, both for digital and print purposes, for the exciting campaigns taking place this year, including HeForShe’s campaign to engage men through a partnership with New Macho as well as support in HeForShe’s campaign in contributing to 16 days of activism against gender-based violence, the UNGA and the HeForShe Summit 2023. This position will play a key role in the execution of HeForShe visual design, production of collateral and brand aesthetic and will include exciting opportunities to work on high level events with CEOs, Heads of State and Ambassadors. The graphic designer will have varied responsibilities and will be relied on to confidently execute with timeliness and consistency, in addition to working in an open and collaborative way with other company functions including content, operations, editorial, etc. This role will also advocate and drive convincing designs for the development of supporter experience and marketing strategies; drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative, production and web teams and inspire creative teams in all areas of expertise to exceed expectations. A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process is essential to performing this challenging role. Working in a dynamic environment, the graphic designer will also be an efficient time manager capable of juggling a variety of project deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce high quality design that advances the HeForShe brand strategy, graphics, and collateral across digital and offline channels.
- Produce high quality graphics for the “Just Say Bro” campaign launching in 2023 as well as HeForShe’s IWD campaign in March of 2023 and HeForShe Summit 2023
- Support teams across MPAS with graphic design needs as needed
- Create visually engaging assets for online platforms, including social media channels and print collateral including posters.
- Conceptualize and develop animation videos, graphics and infographics to communicate key achievements of the initiative.
- Deliver strong, convincing designs and partner effectively with external creative teams;
- Work closely with Communications colleagues and vendor partners to ensure a consistent look and feel across all design work for the HeForShe and MPAS brands
- Accountable for developing creative work of the highest caliber, provide quality control over concepts and projects, contribute creative solutions and innovations that strengthen the HeForShe brand.
- Carry out ad-hoc graphic design related work as instructed by the supervisor.
- Produce 40-50 high quality graphic designs for HeForShe’s parallel campaign in support of 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence (completed)
- Produce 80-100 high quality evergreen content for HeForShe social media, website, and other communication platforms
- Produce high quality content for teams across MPAS on relevant campaigns in 2023 and Q1/Q2 2024
- Produce the multimedia components / interstitials of HeForShe events and livestreams
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Required Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Postgraduate degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design experience required.
- Entry level experience in graphic design especially with design and photo-editing software (Professional knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent software required);
- Ability to concept unique ideas for video and motion graphics projects and advertising campaigns;
- A knack and desire for collaborating with copywriters, editors, designers, and producers;
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of film production, 2D & 3D design and animation, video and sound editing, photography;
- The ability to provide clear creative direction with timely, helpful feedback that will improve the quality of our work;
- Advanced experience managing the creative development process in a client-services environment to ensure top quality work;
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels, both with internal and client teams;
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need;
- Exceptional creativity and innovation;
- Ability to respond to short deadlines and demonstrate a quick turn-around and execution of creative work.
- English and French are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat;