Web & Digital Design Specialist
Ann Arbor, MI, Arlington, VA, Boulder, CO, Menlo Park, CA, Princeton, NJ, St. Petersburg, FL
SRI International is looking for a Web & Digital Design Specialist to take a lead role in advancing SRI’s mission “to create world-changing solutions that make people safer, healthier, and more productive” by advocating for and aggressively applying design-thinking methodologies to SRI’s various marketing communication channels including the organization’s websites, intranet, CRM tools blog and mobile applications. This position is remote due to COVID but will resume in-office after the global pandemic has lifted. Can be located near any SRI location – Menlo Park, CA, Boulder, CO, Ann Arbor, MI, Arlington, VA, St. Petersburg, FL, Princeton, NJ.
- Will be directly responsible for the design, development and management of SRI’s internal and external websites, intranet, blogsite and web applications.
- Will act as the lead point of contact on web design and development projects for SRI business units, leading and working on projects from original concept through final implementation, tracking issues, improvements and communications via JIRA project tool.
- Create and own website core processes, workflows, standards, testing routines, policies and similar for complex Pantheon and WordPress website improvements. Will also coordinate technical resource allocation, timelines and budgets. Take projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Will work to improve and maintain website content quality and user experience, upholding (and adding to) corporate standards in accordance with style guides, glossaries and similar.
- Improve, maintain and optimize user interface and experience as well as brand representation on SRI’s external websites.
- Support an efficient lean design and agile development process through scrum and development sprints.
- Use analytics tools to measure site performance. Maintain and analyze web metrics reports.
- Work directly with Corporate Marketing Communications team to develop compelling campaign content that communicates SRI’s brand promise and value proposition.
- Partner with marketing, business development and divisions within SRI to define and execute strategy on complex web development projects using both traditional and headless content management systems.
- Partner with internal designers and external design subcontractors, researchers, and developers to define and execute strategy on complex web design and development projects using both traditional and headless content management systems.
- Manage JIRA, Asana and similar tools for communication and reporting.
- Collaborate in SRI’s effort to establish the organization’s brand at the forefront of marketing communications.
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, design, engineering design, or related design or related
- Proficient in php and HTML, UX/UI Design
- 5+ years of Front End Web Development: direct development and design on software (and also ideally hardware) products
- 3+ years successfully developing collateral for campaigns, including websites
- 3+ years of experience leading design/development teams
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), especially Drupal and WordPress, as well as headless CMS such as Storyblok or Contentful, including the ability to define requirements informed by CMS features and functionality
- Experience with CRM tools and integration
- Clear understanding of web standards and usability methods
- Experience in SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, affiliates, social media, community management, influencer, e-mail marketing
- Experience in digital marketing: multi-platform content, reporting and CMS/CRM software such as HubSpot, WordPress, Pantheon, Salesforce and Google Analytics and similar tools
- Experience with copywriting for digital platforms such as websites, blogs and product-focused marketing communications
- Experience using marketing, reporting and content management software such as Sprout Social, Hubspot, WordPress, and Google Analytics + other ad tools
- Demonstrated project management ability: Agile Scrum Master or Project Manager Professional (PMP) certificate or other similar certificate
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a focused and timely manner; proactively address issues as they arise
- -There are no additional requirements for this position.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
Auto req ID