Web Developer II
We think globally, act locally. As a Managed Services Provider Synoptek provides world-class strategic IT leadership and hyper-efficient IT operational support, enabling our global client-base to grow and transform their businesses. We are excited to have experienced continuous growth and in keeping with that momentum are seeking to add a Web Developer II to our talented team. Synoptek is a company with a heart and soul dedicated to the ongoing success and growth of our employees and continued business success of the customers we support.
A Day in the Life
As a Web Developer II you will be one of the pillars connecting the floor and ceiling, holding the structure in place. You will be developing and supporting both internal and public-facing web sites. You will be responsible for the coding, implementation, and maintenance of websites and web applications, both front-end (user interface) and back-end (content management system and server). You will work directly with the client providing guidance and assistance in day-to-day matters related to the products you build/support for them. Your involvement will vary depending on where you are needed most
Role Prerequisites – What knowledge, skills and experience you already have.
- Solid experience (3-5 years) in web application development including its operational components (HTTP/S, Web Servers, DNS)
- Solid experience with web service integrations and working with APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with build tools (such as Grunt, Gulp, Bower, NPM)
- Particular skills emphasis on CSS/ASS, Cross browser (desktop/devices).
- Experience with WCAG guidelines for accessible web sites, including ADA compliance with PDF files.
- Solid experience working with and developing websites for and with content management systems.
- Experience working with WordPress, Drupal, Ruby on Rails and other CMS.
- Expert with the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- SEO and Google Analytics experience.
Core Capabilities – What you will bring to this role and how can deliver the expectations of this position.
- Ability to conduct training and one on one help related to website design and support.
- Develop clear and concise written communication and documentation (writing samples may be requested).
- Working knowledge of relevant social media.
- Knowledge of developing mobile applications for iOS and/or Android a plus.
- Team member and champion in the development and implementation of a new corporate website.
- Take responsibility for adding content consistent with the design and style of the corporate website.
- Proactive nature with resourcefulness to identify challenges and propose solutions.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills.
- Stay current with emerging trends and technological advances in the web design industry.
- Prior higher education experience is a plus.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required
The Synoptek Promise
When you partner with Synoptek, you engage with an ever-growing, ever-evolving IT organization that provides a high-caliber level of team, results, growth and clarity. You are our ultimate investment and as part of that you will have access to continuous clarity in your personal and professional development, a team who has your back, mentorship to achieve rock-star level results. We foster a fun and connected environment with employee benefits extending beyond general compensation and into inspired camaraderie, beer-thirty, general office mayhem, a little fun in the midst of the chaos and an invested culture of learning.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that employment decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings