Web Design Instructor
This position works under the direction of the Program Coordinator and Director. The Web Development Instructor will be responsible for providing support to program instructors in providing technical instruction and support to students. Additional responsibilities include verifying student competencies, assisting with student retention to meet membership hour goals, maintaining student records, and maintaining contact with area employers.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
Working for Ogden-Weber Technical College you will have the opportunity to make a difference by providing real-world experience to our students. Ogden-Weber Technical College strives to provide excellence for our students by creating a technically-skilled workforce one student at a time.
1. Provide students with technical instruction in a safe, clean and productive learning environment.
2. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance on students.
3. Advance the retention of student in support of achieving program membership hour goals.
4. Assist students with job placement and applicable industry or state certifications/licenses in support of meeting program placement and certification goals.
5. Maintain contact with area employers; elicit feedback regarding curricula and industry trends.
6. Develop annual professional development plan and participate in professional development activities.
7. Motivate and advise students in the areas of appropriate work behavior, training or study habits. Assist counselors, supervisor, and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
8. Encourage and exemplify professionalism and good work habits.
9. Support programmatic and College marketing activities.
10. Work cooperatively within the College community.
11. Control the use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilitiesas determined by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of four years of combination of related work experience and post-secondary education in related area
2. Preference will be given to those individuals that have teaching experience
5. Familiar with word processing, Microsoft Outlook, and can operate a Windows-based personal computer.
6. Demonstrate ability to work with individuals of all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
7. Spanish speaking proficiency desirable.
HOURLY RANGE: $17.00 to $25.00 per hour
BENEFITS: No benefits offered
Monday and Wednesday 5:00 PM-9:00 PM; 8-10 hours per week
A conditional offer of employment will be made pending satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. The Ogden-Weber Tech College is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, college policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital status or parental status, race, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation and physical or mental handicap.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Night shift
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place