Summer Intern: SharePoint Web Design and Editing
- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Intern, SharePoint Web Design and Editing is responsible for assisting with various projects within the department he/she is assigned to. Essential functions may vary from administrative, clerical and support level work to more hands-on tactical work as determined by business needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Refresh our SharePoint 2013 pages with new look and interactive functionality
- Rebrand SharePoint 2013 assets using new company logos and templates
- Present creative ideas for new SharePoint 2013 site layouts
- Suggest edits for improvement and efficiency within SharePoint 2013
- Modify SharePoint 2013 pages as necessary
- Follow work approval process per company guidelines
- Provides additional support to the team as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma AND
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA or MS/MA degree
- Proficiency with SharePoint 2013 Classic- Ideal candidate will not need any support or training to edit or create pages, web parts and web apps.
Certificates and Licenses: None required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Observational and listening skills
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Ability to listen effectively, respect others perspectives and contributions, and offer and accept constructive feedback
- Microsoft Office (SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to learn and use video recording software (Screencast, Camtasia, or similar)
- Ability to clear required background check
- Microsoft Power Apps,
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)