SR MGR PROGRAMMING (REMOTE)
PPD’s mission is to improve health.
It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you!
We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside bright and energetic teams.
What are a few responsibilities in this role?
Hires, trains, mentors and resources staff.
Tracks project timelines, budgets, and resource needs across Biostatistics and Data Management.
Performs management functions relating to the administrative and scientific activities of multiple projects, as well as line manage supervisory programming staff.
Effectively ensures delivery across all project requirements including communicating priorities and work direction to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
A key contact for client interactions.
Assists Data Management, Biostatistics, and Medical Writing with developing tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies.
Provides programming leadership for strategic client relationships, and/or oversight for significant client portfolios.
- Understands and follows department’s working practice documents and SOPs,
- Functions and contribute to their development as needed.
- Understands and follows appropriate corporate SOPs.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills of staff in areas including
- programming technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry through on the job training, mentoring, and internal or external training courses.
- Works with staff to develop short term and long term career development goals.
- Actively recruits new staff per business needs.
- Works to increase the visibility of PPD by encouraging the publications of articles in industry journals and presentations at conferences.
- Provides mentoring, leadership and supervision to staff.
- Monitors staff assignments, evaluates and shifts priorities and assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work. Provides feedback to management when timeline or resourcing constraints develop.
- Ensures adherence to all relevant SOPs and working practices.
- Be familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits with our clients.
- Works directly with project team leaders and client representatives to assess and develop project goals and timelines.
- Communicates actively and frequently with other team members as needed.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the role of the programmer in the overall process.
- Assumes leadership responsibilities as a member of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS, PL/SQL, or other appropriate languages.
- Supervises and performs other programming tasks as necessary to support
- Clinical Data Management and Biostatistics.
- Provides general infrastructure support to the Biostatistics Department.
Education and Experience:
Degree or equivalent in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, and experience.10+ years of programming and clinical research or related experience
Must have database management, SAS or PL/SQL programming experience
2+ years of management responsibilityProven leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
MA/MS or equivalent desirable
Expertise in managing and developing staff and their career objectives including the ability to motivate and inspire staff
Ability to train, supervise, and mentor others
Ability to facilitate communications with clients, project teams, departments and staff
Ability to make decisions on company policies and procedures regarding programming
Understand and track project budgets
Understand and participate in bidding programming work
Demonstrated leadership and problem solving capability
Knowledge of clinical trials
Understanding of relational data base structure and experience working with complex data systems
Demonstrated strong attention to detail
Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple staff and assignments
Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary project team managing both people and project simultaneously
Excellent problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Ability to independently and effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others
Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation
Proven proficiency in at least one programming language and have strong technical skills
Ability to interact with clients and assist management in business development presentations
Proven successful line management of supervisory staff
PPD is an inclusive equal employment opportunity company. We value all people regardless of background, experience and abilities.
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details).