PLC Programmer Analyst
Ref ID: 03500-0011709352
Classification: Programmer Analyst
Compensation: $60000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Are you knowledgeable about software and applications programming and industry requirements? Can you formulate and define systems scope and objectives? If you answered yes, this PLC Programmer Analyst position from Robert Half Technology for a Oil & Gas Svcs company would make a great match. Using research and fact-finding, you will recommend developments and modifications for applications or databases. This is a full-time PLC Programmer Analyst role based in the Texas Panhandle, near Amarillo, TX. Interested candidates in the area are encouraged to apply!
– Provides ongoing training and assistance for end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
– Analyzes and documents issues. Works with other programmers to correct code problems
– Helps create communication content for certain system changes being implemented in production
– Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation. Writes test cases and expected results. Reviews results for conformance to requirements. May plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
– Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
– Creates dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and manages updates to maintain them
– Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
– Serves as the in-house guide for internal clients experiencing programming problems, consulting on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting the issues. Consultation can include troubleshooting and/or education
– Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
– PLC Programming experience desired
– HMI Programming experience
– Strong familiarity with Automationdesk
– VFDs experience preferred
– Demonstrated grasp of programming languages
– Versatile project planning abilities that include project costing techniques
– Excellent oral and written communications skills
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.