Java Web Developer (APPCOE)
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Java Web Developer to join our Applications, Product, Platform Center of Excellence (APPCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate will be based at any Eaton facility in the US. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work from a remote Eaton facility or an approved home office.
The Java Web Developer will design, develop, and support Eaton’s ECommerce application and associated storefronts. The Java developer must understand functional requirements and participate in design, development and delivery of quality code at the component level. This role will administer/manage technical systems per prescribed procedures, perform technology specific development & testing using SDLC and execute ITSM processes(Change, Request, Incident, Problem management) on technical IT systems at the component level
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will solve complex technical problems to ensure platform quality and performance; including problem identification, investigation, planning, and resolution
- You will interact with customers, architects, and analysts to understand requirements
- You will review own work as well as others in design and quality reviews
- You will help with technical strategy of applications through following and setting of standards / best practices, providing quality development solutions
- You will work with and advancing software development lifecycle processes
- You will complete requirement translation
- You will provide solution design
- You will complete task estimation in effort hours
- You will design Interfaces to other systems using the Technical Integration Quality Standards
- You will provide training to application users
- You will be responsible for technical delivery of assigned vendors and junior developers
- You will provide technical mentoring of junior developers
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ IT experience
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Minimum 1 year of Java development experience
- Minimum 1 year of web development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering
- Experience with Angular, jQuery, Bootstrap, and/or Material
- Experience with Oracle Commerce (or similar e-commerce platform)
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise applications
- Experience with linux-based applications and web servers
- Experience successfully delivering on multiple aspects of technology projects
- Experience developing large web sites or applications
- Prefer candidate is located within driving distance of Pittsburgh / Cleveland
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $74,880 – $102,960 a year, with flexibility based on experience and skill level.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time