Blockchain Lead Software Development Engineer
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Blockchain Lead Software Development Engineer
Mastercard is looking for brilliant, passionate and innovative engineers to join Mastercard’s Dublin Research and Technology team as part of our global Blockchain & Digital Asset team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a highly agile team of technology enthusiasts. You will bring your Management , and development skills to build exciting and innovative products that scale globally.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, mining innovation internally, innovating new product lines with emerging technology, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with startups to shape the future of commerce with and for our customers. At Mastercard Blockchain & Digital Asset you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology challenges driving hard to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
Have a track record of designing and building robust, flexible, scalable backend systems?
Enjoy a fast paced, start-up culture?
Have a strong desire to deliver world class solutions?
We would love to hear from you!
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java based solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative capabilities leveraging experience with a blockchain network such as Ethereum and a Smart Contract language such as Solidity
• Work as part of a co-located agile team.
• Work closely with Technical leads and other developers to define solutions.
• Develop high-quality, scalable and secure software.
• Research and drive alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Work with project team to meet due dates, while working through tasks and recommending solutions and ensuring upstream communication pro progress/blockers.
• Supervise, coach, and develop a high performing team
• Produce design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
• Commercializing mature solutions to global markets.
All About You
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Experience of managing, coaching, and guiding high performing software development teams
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• High degree of proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Some experience with crypto concepts such as Hashing and Encryption (Symmetric/Asymmetric)
• Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
• Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment.
• Good working knowledge of GIT and working with code in a multi-developer environment.
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player.
• Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers.
• Fluency in English.
• Experience as part of a digital asset implementation a key differentiator for this role.
• Hands on experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
• Experience with Linux, SQL, Multi-threading as part of distributed low-latency systems.
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
• Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace, Grafana or other alerting and monitoring solutions.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.