14 Sep → 14 Oct
New York, NY, USA
As Product Counsel, you'll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product and feature development. You will report to Cash App’s Head of Product and partner with our product teams to develop new technologies while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. As we expand our offerings, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on issues related to products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle
Develop trusted relationships with business partners and stay informed on key product developments
Draft and negotiate commercial agreements affecting your products and services
Work closely with other support teams (tax, compliance, accounting, outside counsel) to provide seamless support to business partners
Actively cultivate creative ideas and insights into how legal frameworks can support new product developments and customer experiences
Requirements / Qualifications
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree and active membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, or in-house legal departments
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for creative products and collaborators
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.