$53.600 - $67.800
13 Sep → 13 Oct
Burbank, CA, USA
As a Subtitling Project Manager, your primary focus will be to plan and execute a variety of subtitling projects. In this role, you will be collaborating with a number of stakeholders, from Client Services, Linguistic Quality, to other global production leads in an effort to ensure project milestones remain on track.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
You will be collaborating with our distributed workforce to complete translation, review or territory approvals tasks. You will assist management in monitoring and managing the quality and on-time delivery performance data and flag any issues that require management escalation. Through your passion for collaboration, you will build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders. You will work cross functionally with Client Services, Global Project Coordination teams, Global Translator Management and Community Engagement teams, Editorial, Linguistic Quality, Product, and Technical Operations. The position reports to a Senior Manager, Subtitling Operations.
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Manage subtitling projects for titles assigned to you and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget and strictly respecting the deadlines and the specifications set by the clients.
Oversee all aspects of project management from receiving work requests, to setting up project in the system, booking translators for various tasks, negotiating internal deadlines with various production teams, and signing off on a project once all production steps are completed.
Ensure correct work requests and payment rates are applied for each project.
Coordinate redeliveries and rejections, escalating issues as needed.
Interpret incoming details of project specifications to ensure projects are set up and executed accurately.
Liaise with Client Services team, translators and territory affiliates regarding project status and requirements, obtaining and circulating all necessary information.
Answer questions from Client Services team, Freelancers, Client Translators and Approvers, in-territory vendors and the territory client contacts in a timely and professional manner.
Communicate with all stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner.
Escalate if any order is in jeopardy of not being fulfilled on time.
Additional duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications
- BA/MA Degree in Communication, Production or Post Production Studies or applicable equivalent experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
- Experience and expert knowledge of various localization workflows with emphasis on subtitling for all media & entertainment distribution channels
- Experience in managing complex, large scale and high-level projects and tasks
- The ability to clearly communicate project requirements and goals
- Experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, independent learner
- Demonstrable technical skills, practical knowledge of MS Office suite and subtitling software
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Demonstrable ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
- Flexibility to attend in-person on-site meetings as required
Benefits/What We offer
- We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.