Online Business Project Manager
08 Sep → 08 Oct
Atlanta, GA, USA
The Online Business Project Manager is responsible for developing the detailed strategy, scope and implementation plans for small to large, internal, and cross-enterprise projects that directly impact customers' shopping experiences. Projects may include enhancements to core elements of our online shopping experience, such as navigation, checkout, shopping services/tools, as well as multi-channel projects that involve our stores, supply chain, etc. Leading multi-functional teams of about 10-15 people from across the business, the incumbent will manage a small portfolio of projects, from Discovery through to Delivery. In addition to showing innovative thought leadership, you will be required to utilize core project management, communication, presentation and creative problem solving skills to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to Sr Manager or Manager within the PMO
This position has 0 Direct Reports
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior experience in ecommerce and/or web development, creative and/or marketing/advertising
- Understanding of Interactive Marketing and e-Business strategies, channels, technologies, principles, and processes
- Web experience associated with a national-level retailer
- E-commerce knowledge and experience
- Excellent strategic and creative skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated financial and business planning skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of driving change and execution
- Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win-win outcomes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
Ensure all impacted stakeholders are involved and secure cross-functional resources to support project execution. Effectively interact with agency/vendor/business partners. Communicate expectations, share information and hold partners accountable
Manage project budgets and timelines, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, to scope and within budget
Starting right from project Discovery, document project scope, high-level solutions and business requirements, and working with IT resources, gather detailed requirements and define detailed implementation plans
Help the project Business Owner define and articulate project strategy and objectives, scope and business requirements. Think creatively to make recommendations regarding execution strategies and potential solutions
Effectively present and communicate project strategies, statuses, risks and key decisions within project teams, stakeholder meetings, and with Senior Management on a regular basis. Manage multiple projects to Critical Path, providing regular Milestone updates and Risk Assessments to Stakeholders and Senior Management
Identify, research, analyze and manage risks and interdependencies within projects/systems/resources, and formulate plausible solutions and contingency plans in consultation with stakeholders and Senior Management as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.