Operations Manager for Accounting Firm (Remote)
01 May → 31 May
Who we are-
We are a rapidly expanding CPA firm in Manhattan Beach, CA (Los Angeles County). We provide accounting services to small to mid-size businesses.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have a keen eye for details and enjoy serving clients and supporting them to succeed in their financial goals? Are you motivated to be a leading player in a tightly knit team, wearing many hats? If yes, keep reading.
As an Operations Manager you will be the right-hand person for the CEO in leading the company. You will ensure all projects are completed on time and to quality, bottlenecks are minimized and that all related production people, systems, and facilities are aligned, healthy, efficient, and optimized. You will regularly measure and seek to improve client and staff satisfaction scores, maintain optimal staff capacity to accommodate firm growth goals, and communicate with staff and clients on project timeline, due dates, workloads, and expectations. You will have the opportunity to grow your accounting skills/knowledge and your management skills and have the flexibility to work remotely in a culture of optimism and collaboration.
Pay and Benefits-
- Compensation commensurate with experience, skills, and abilities
- Paid Time Off
- Paid scheduled holidays with extra unscheduled paid personal days off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution
- Defined Benefit Plan
- Fun Events
- We offer many growth opportunities, stimulating work, and a supportive team
- $38-$48 per hour
Essential Job Functions-
· Project Management: Manage and oversee all accounting projects from client onboarding to client delivery. Ensure workloads are optimized and bottlenecks are minimized.
· Leadership: Work with CEO to develop goals, operational plans, and technology implementation. Ensure company policies and procedures are clear, documented, and shared and known by all. Provide keen knowledge and backup on all accounting and administrative projects.
· Communication & Feedback: Create and distribute client surveys. Work to improve client satisfaction scores. Oversee and monitor accountant and admin workload, and engagement.
· Infrastructure: Ensure tools and technologies are well maintained and coordinate with IT on new employee hardware, routine maintenance/updates, and IT issues.
· HR: Lead recruiting and hiring. Facilitate new employee onboarding.
· Client Work: Process bookkeeping review for your own assigned clients. Set example on timeliness and quality through your own work.
· Other tasks as assigned by the CEO
Essential Skills & Experience:
· Excellent in project management, attention to detail, organization, and follow-through.
· Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Driven, take ownership and initiative, and possess strong leadership skills.
· Able to work in a high-intensity multi-task environment, establish priorities for self and others, meet vital and tight deadlines, and relate positively to employees, vendors, and clients.
· Bachelors or masters degree in accounting, finance, or related field
· A minimum of four years’ experience in public accounting
· Proficient in Microsoft suite.
· Workable knowledge of QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop and other client facing solutions.
· General knowledge of technical accounting theory and accounting and tax process. Not an expert, but a quarter back.
Must be located in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38.00 - $48.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- How many years experience do you have working for a CPA/Accounting firm? Please elaborate.
- How many years of project management experience do you have? Please elaborate on the experience.
- How many years of Quickbooks experience do you have? Please elaborate on the experience.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote