This job post is no longer available
Jr Project Manager
29 Jun → 29 Jul
Washington, DC, USA
GovernmentCIO is seeking a Jr. Project Manager to support the Department of Veterans Affairs Health Portfolio. The Jr. Project Manager will be a hands-on leader who will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of either multiple projects or a single technical project. The Jr. Project Manager will be responsible for client interactions and ensuring the production of quality deliverables against scope, cost, and schedule. The environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving; flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Take vague requirements and requests and deliver robust products, recommendations and/or solutions
- Development of program controls used to manage performance, including cost, schedule, and staff management as wells as the WBS elements to report out status, progress, and accomplishments
- Have strong analytical and investigation skills crafting solutions to challenging problems or issues
- Extrapolate and communicate a client’s main challenges and pain points and the ability to craft strong solutions and make recommendations
- Be responsible for on-time completion of all deliverables
- Identify and mitigate risks to the project, and escalate program risks, as necessary
- Track cost, schedule, and performance
- Serve as both manager and participant in projects
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline (10 years can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree)
- Years of Experienced Required: 5+
- Experience within the VA Health portfolio is a plus
- PM-related certifications such as PMP and ITIL are not required, but good to have
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experience working and managing large teams in remote environments
- Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle, enterprise-wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process reengineering, structure, and management practices.
- Experience managing programs delivering systems/tools/solutions in production, while transitioning to better technology solutions
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.