This job post is no longer available
Program Design Lead of Web
Web Design Jobs Web Developer Jobs
28 Jun → 28 Jul
San Francisco, CA, USA
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast-track boot camps.View Company Profile
The Program Design Lead of Web will be a critical owner of the learner journey within the school for current and future learning experiences to ensure our learners are prepared to earn a job. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to build interactive, high-impact learning solutions that will yield the best outcomes for our learners. You’ll have a great vantage point at the intersection of learning, product, operations, job outcomes, and admissions.
As Program Design Lead of Web, you will own the vision and strategy for the end to end learning experience of existing and new Lambda School programs. You will help us take our instructional design and curriculum to the next level by ensuring we’re meeting the needs of hiring managers in leading tech companies and operationalizing feedback implementation based on various inputs including data, industry and job market trends, competitive analyses, learner and instructor feedback, and more. In addition to executing curriculum development processes rooted in instructional design best practices and research, this role will find innovative ways to enhance and optimize Lambda School’s autonomous and blended learning experiences.
This is a highly visible, internal-facing role that will report directly to the Director of Instructional Design. As a part of the Learning department at Lambda School, you will also collaborate closely with your peers including instruction, learner success, learner community, technology, product, job placement, and learner operations managers to determine the needs of the school and its learners. This role is ideal for an education leader with a product mindset and a passion for technical skills education who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s unlocking human potential regardless of circumstance. The web development field is very demanding and we prefer candidates who have a highly technical background.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Partner with our outcomes and job search teams to utilize human-centered design principles to research, design, and execute on our content strategic roadmap in new and existing content areas that are aligned to company goals and priorities
- Create our web content roadmap and be able to communicate our goals to key internal and external stakeholders and implement feedback on an ongoing basis with a strong focus on web development trends and technologies relevant to the job field
- Track and own program success metrics like enrollments, retention, completion, satisfaction and career outcomes
- Present on key learning metrics to executive leadership teams and be able to articulate why you made specific recommendations, decisions, or plans
- Lead cross functional teams to design and iterate on a unified user experience, including platform and people touch points throughout the learner lifecycle, from application until job placement
- Develop systems and processes for regularly gathering, analyzing, and implementing feedback on curricula and assessments based on key quality metrics that relate to the company’s broader strategic goals
- Curate learning pathways for new and existing learner personas
- Work cross-functionally with instruction, learner success, job placement, operations, product, and go-to-market teams to ensure optimal learner outcomes
- Partner with external hiring managers to ensure our curriculum and assessment properly prepares learners for the job market
- Take the lead for the web program with third parties and manage relationships, taking a leading role in relationship negotiations, execution, and implementation
Requirements / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in instructional design and/or curriculum and assessment development
- Experience with the 4-component instructional design approach
- Industry experience as a Product Manager, Software Engineer, or Web Developer is ideal.
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform relevant data analyses, draw key insights, and use data to form and execute a strategy
- Experience leading cross functional teams to work on company wide initiatives
- Excellent understanding of the technology landscape, how it all fits, and industry trends
- Experience working in a high-paced environment that iterates on weekly or monthly cycles rather than semester or annual cycles
- Experience with blended learning platforms
- Experience working with a product and engineering organization
- Experience with project based learning
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.