Senior Software Engineer - NodeJs / Web Technologies - REMOTE
$120.000 - $135.000
01 May → 31 May
Join Capillary Digital’s engineering team to help us build the foundations that will power the next generation of digital applications and online services. Capillary has helped to accelerate many of the world’s most innovative companies by using our team of experienced developers, designers, strategists, and data scientists to craft applications and services that drive meaningful experiences between our clients and their customers.
In addition to your technical responsibilities, you will be expected to mentor and guide more junior engineers on the team, ensuring that they are adhering to best practices and delivering high-quality work. You will also collaborate closely with our Product Owners to ensure that all deliverables are completed on-time and to the highest possible standard.
At Capillary, we are trusted advisors and we take pride in meeting our clients where they are, meaning we adopt and develop their applications and services using technologies, tools, and frameworks that best suit our client’s specific business needs. Because of this, our engineers must be comfortable with learning new technologies, frameworks, systems, and problem domains. You will:
- Help drive sound technical decision making and participate in technical conversations with other teams across Capillary
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of innovative web-based applications, APIs, and systems that meet the unique needs of our clients.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, and designers to ensure the technical feasibility, scalability, and maintainability of web-based projects.
- Actively participate in defining and driving the overall technical strategy for the engineering team, including evaluating new tools and technologies that can improve our development process and increase efficiency.
- Mentor and guide more junior engineers on the team to help them grow in their roles and careers, providing feedback and coaching on best practices, code reviews, and other aspects of software engineering.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a software engineer or a related field, with a strong background in web technologies and software engineering principles.
- Have extensive experience building and maintaining complex web-based applications, APIs, and systems using modern web frameworks and technologies such as React, React Native, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, GraphQL, Next.js, and Vercel.
- Have solid experience integrating with and managing relational databases like MySQL, MSSQL, etc.
- Have solid experience working with container based development and deployments.
- Have solid experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud services like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Are comfortable working in an agile, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities as needed.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including Product Owners, Designers, QA Engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Are passionate about web technologies and software engineering best practices, with a strong desire to stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies in the field.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
You might work on:
- Manage node based APIs in a robust cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain React Native mobile applications used by tens of thousands of monthly active users.
- Create beautiful and engaging marketing sites using Next.js and Vercel for fortune 500 companies.
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technologies in the web platform space to architect mobile and web applications using the same codebase with React Native and React.js
What’s it like to work at Capillary?
We look at Capillary’s service offerings as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other team members in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our office and communication channels to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that everyone at Capillary has the information they need to make good local decisions.
We are an innovative technology organization that provides work life balance and supports employee development and growth. So if you are looking to work somewhere you can stretch your skillset while having fun, look no further!
- Competitive Compensation
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Flexible PTO (Available right away. We want you to take the time you need.
- 10 Paid Holidays Including Your Birthday
- Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Employee Referral Program
- Fully Remote Organization
Capillary is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.