Staff Accountant Financial Reporting
13 Jan → 12 Feb
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
This is a newly created role to support our newly defined financial reporting department. Role will assist in implementing processes and helping to set the foundation for financial reporting. In addition, the role is responsible for providing detail accounting support to the financial reporting department of the Company. Provides aid to the accounting and finance team to manage our company’s relationships internally and externally. Assists with the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including recording journal entries, completing reconciliations and compiling information for the financial reporting package. Supports the external audit process. Maintains an understanding of US GAAP and how it applies to the Company. Performs special projects as necessary.
BRCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.
- Prepares and records journal entries as part of the month-end close process
- Assists with consolidations of subsidiaries and accounts to be reported on internal and external financial statements
- Assist in preparation of the periodic GAAP financial statements including balance sheet, statement of comprehensive income, statement of stockholder’s equity, and statement of cash flows.
- Assists in preparation of the monthly internal financial reporting package and key performance indicators.
- Assists in the compilation of other financial reports, as needed
- Assists with schedules and support for the company’s external quarter review and audit procedures
- Assists with research technical accounting matters and applying them to the business
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounting or related field, preferably with financial statement consolidation and reporting
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles in accordance with US GAAP
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of applicable Microsoft Applications (Excel)
Benefits/What We offer
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision package
- 401k with company match on Day 1
- Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options
- Short and Long-Term disability options/coverage
- Extensive EAP program with legal coverage
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.