11 Jan → 10 Feb
Wilmington, DE, USA
As a Senior Staff engineer at Coinbase, you will be a steward of our architecture, operations, scale, and security. You will help us recruit and develop world-class engineers that represent the best in the industry. You will architect, design, and review platforms that support the company’s vision.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
- Design, develop, deploy, and operate technical architecture and systems. Identify opportunities to improve existing systems/workflows for performance, scale, speed, and accuracy. Ruthlessly optimize for productivity - your own and that of the entire engineering team.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement. Participate and drive operational reviews and hold both ICs and managers accountable for improvements. Be a relentless advocate for improving the customer experience created by our architecture and code outcomes.
- Review all feature designs within your product area and across the company for cross-cutting projects. Be an owner of the security, safety, scale, operational integrity, and architectural clarity of these designs.
- Understand the trends within the company and in the industry at large. Call out problematic ideas and provide appropriate push-back to engineers, managers, and executives.
- Debugging extremely difficult technical problems, and making systems and products both work better and are easier to deploy, own, operate and diagnose.
- Help with leadership recruiting efforts for hiring senior engineers and managers. Recruit others like yourself and serve as a beacon to the best engineers on the planet through blogs, conference presentations, and other external engagements and/or social media.
- Coach and mentor talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback and setting clear goals. Assist in calibrating and developing the engineering team as a whole.
Requirements / Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience with large scale distributed systems in roles providing technical leadership and direction for software engineering and development
- Strong technical skills for system design and coding
- Comfortable with leading large cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a bias toward open, transparent cultural practices.
- Excellent skills of mentoring, maturity, dealing with conflict and communication - not just within the team but also across the product group and/or all of engineering.
Benefits/What We offer
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and 80% for dependents
- HSA plan with company seed
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- $260 monthly Commuter Benefit
- Volunteer Time Off
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Meals and Snacks provided onsite
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.