This job post is no longer available
Contract/Freelance Sr. Project Manager
01 May → 31 May
Who We Are:
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more human. We're a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and specialty agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry's deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
About Evoke MicroMass:
We are a full-service agency with over 25 years of history supporting pharmaceutical and life science clients in optimizing patient outcomes through behavioral science. At Evoke MicroMass, we see behavior broadly— including what patients or providers think, feel, and do. We apply a unique combination of behavior-change strategies, compelling creative, and digital innovation to marketing that address the behavioral barriers that often get in the way of an optimal experience.
Senior Project Manager
Project management is the driving force that evoke MicroMass Communications can't do without; the #1 functional area when it comes to executing client work/internal projects. PMs are the internal point of contact for all projects, an operational partner with the Account Team, and the liaison for the entire development team (Strategic Services, Creative Services, Technology Services, Operations, Accounting, and Administration).As the "Go To" person, project managers oversee and manage end-to-end development of projects according to the business processes.
- Lead projects solo with support from Assistant Project Manager (APM). Assumes SPM can lead more complex projects as well as manage a larger book of business while providing oversight on Project Manager and APM project work or initiatives. SPM will review certain items with Team Lead, PMO
- SPMs are integral in all decisions made regarding project process, timelines, budgets, and resources. Responsibilities in these four main areas include
- Understand the nature of the work performed by each evoke MicroMass functional area (who does what, when, and how long it takes)
- Oversee and manage end-to-end development of projects per the business process, verify that project deliverables are within project scope and are delivered above expected quality standards, ensuring quality from the beginning to end
- Includes med/legal submission prep and submission following client process/guidelines, with support from APM/PM
- Ability to know when to deviate from process if necessary
- Internal check/balance to verify acceptable quality levels before delivered internally to the Account Team
- Create project status documents to provide updates across all chains of command, both internally and externally
- Leads daily and/or weekly status meetings
- Maintains PM systems of record (e.g. FinancialForce, Ziflow, CRM)
- Craft initial and ongoing project milestones for evoke MicroMass, clients, and vendor/agency partners
- Create, update, and maintain detailed project schedules and ensure all deliverables are met per the schedule
- Identify and communicate any shifts in timing across internal documentation and team as well as with vendors, agency partners and client teams
- Create, update, and maintain detailed estimates and ensure all scoped deliverables are met and stay within the budget
- Monitors project & campaign budgets weekly, identifying areas of risk and providing mitigation plans to address
- Attends internal, monthly reconciliation meetings
- Adjusts project forecast and estimate to completion monthly and/or based on shifts in project timing or scope
- Identify and avert possible risks that impact projects
- Strong spokesperson and an advocate for the entire team
- Owns vendor/agency partner relationship in terms of execution and deliverables, participating in weekly or bi-weekly status calls and providing inputs on project status
- First point of contact in identifying the need for internal and external resources for existing projects & working with resourcing manager to secure project resources and with other PMs to prioritize resources' work
- Balance project schedules, deliverables, and resource needs across existing and new client/internal projects
- Reviews monthly staffing projections provided by resourcing team, providing inputs based on project status and forecast
- Additional responsibilities
- Participate in project initiation, pulling in necessary resources and providing the execution strategy (pricing, deliverables and timing) for all projects prior to KO
- Active listener that brings project teams together to creatively solve challenges associated with project scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Build rapport with evoke MicroMass internal development team, outside vendors, agency partners and, where necessary, the client
- 4+ years of experience
- Agency experience
- Pharmaceutical marketing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree (BA)
- Experience managing a cross-functional team of 10-15 including, but not limited to, account services, creative, strategy, production, and development
- Experience working with multiple vendors, managing their timelines and needs
- Experience using MS Project or SmartSheets
- Advanced experience using a Project Management financial platform
- Experience using a content review platform
- Ability to not only answer how things are done, but starting to understand the why
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience leading process improvement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, self-starter
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- History pushing teams to make decision and commit to deadlines and deliverables
- Preferred experience estimating project budgets
- Preferred digital project management experience
- Preferred experience managing a project size of $2M-$4M
Why Evoke MicroMass?
As a fast-growing agency in a highly competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. At Evoke MicroMass we understand that changing lives takes time, commitment and talent. We value collaboration and diversity of thought and we rely on the power of behavioral science fueled by our imaginations. At our core we believe that changing the lives for our clients and our community is possible.
Our Core Values:
No one is here by mistake.
Curiosity is the cure for stagnation.
Good ideas can be great when we challenge each other to go further.
You can be bold because behavioral science has your back.
Patients are waiting – we can't.
Smart people, strong family, shared purpose.
Evoke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Evoke are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Evoke will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Evoke is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.