03 Jan → 02 Feb
Tallahassee, FL, USA
This role will be a key asset in the finance group. The primary function of this position is to manage inventory accounting and cost accounting processes including standard costing, costing analysis, and compliance with GAAP reporting requirements as it relates to biological assets, inventory, and COGS. The ideal candidate will have detailed experience in understanding the components of overhead cost, burden rates, company allocations, work centers, routings, bill of materials, and production/work orders. Experience analyzing COGS, inventory and production variances and leading improvements, as well as knowledge of ERP flows through the company?s general ledger is important.
Location: Must be in Tempe, AZ / This position is intended to be remote, but must be comfortable with traveling as needed.
- Manage the month end close process related to inventory and cost of goods sold across the North East Region
- Prepare the month end calculations for inventory and biological assets
- Coordinate with operations and IT for the calculation of biomass and inventory reconciliations
- Work with the financial reporting team for the impact of the inventory and biological assets on the financial statements and financial disclosures
- Review standard and actual costs and work to improve and implement standard cost estimates
- Obtain a strong understanding of the company?s ERP system including functionality, costing processes, and integration with the general ledger
- Analyze and report on margins, COGS and inventory (obsolete inventory, scrap, yield, raw material/supply costs) on a monthly, and ad-hoc basis
- Establish and coordinate physical inventory and cycle counting process
- Oversee month end close responsibilities including, but not limited to journal entry preparation and review, reconciliation review and variance analysis
Requirements / Qualifications
- Must possess at least three (3) to five (5) years of cost accounting experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required, minor in stats or mathematics useful
- CPA preferred
- Strong costing background
- Strong Excel knowledge and aptitude
- Experience with a large ERP system (SAP preferred)
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.