Immigration Staff Attorney
29 Dec → 28 Jan
Washington, DC, USA
Mil Mujeres Legal Services a Non-Profit Organization is looking for a Full-time Remote Immigration Attorney.
- Represents clients in removal proceedings in Immigration Courts, including in asylum cases.
- Represent clients in other immigration matters such as adjustment of status and naturalization interviews before USCIS.
- Counsel and prepare immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Review and proofread complex evidence and case documents.
- Track, monitor, and log all evidence and documents for client cases.
- Create, compile, and prepare all documentation for filing.
- Proactively research new legislation and legal changes in immigration law.
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage case deadlines for multiple clients.
- Assist with additional administrative and clerical duties as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Immigration law: 2 years (Required)
- JD and current valid license in any US state
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is strongly preferred. Candidates should possess strong advocacy, research, and writing skills; high-level attention to detail; and strong academic credentials.
- Successful candidates should be able to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for immigration law and desire to work with underserved communities.
- Ability to work on daily tasks independently, proactively, and with minimal supervision.
Benefits/What We offer
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications must specify the state and year the BAR license was granted.