Director, Global Litigation & Compliance Counsel
24 Dec → 23 Jan
San Antonio, TX, USA
TaskUs is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Director, Global Litigation & Compliance Counsel. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide advice and manage the legal function with respect to employment law and litigation throughout TaskUs' operations in North America, Europe & Latin America. This role will support the TaskUs Legal Department's objective in providing strategic advice on employment issues and to manage and direct civil and employment litigation.
This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Global Employment, Litigation & Data Protection. This role may be remote but needs to be close to one of TaskUs's sites in the United States. The role may be expected to visit TaskUs's global sites from time to time.
TaskUs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provide day-to-day advice and counsel on a broad range of employment law matters, including hiring, restrictive covenants, employee relations, performance management, terminations, leaves of absence and accommodations, internal investigations, and wage and hour issues;
- Partner with the People (HR) Operations Team and Operations Team in providing timely, ongoing, and strategic guidance related to employee issues as well as operational and compliance issues;
- Evaluate and provide tactical and strategic advice and manage pre-litigation, litigation, regulatory proceedings, and related matters;
- Manage outside counsel and ensure outside counsel is tracking to budget and maintain internal reporting regarding employment, litigation, and compliance matters;
- Research, monitor and analyze relevant laws and regulations and advise relevant management of such developments in plain business terms;
- Recommend, build, and implement scalable employment law and litigation policies and programs that balance legal risk with business impact, and provide education and training as needed;
- Investigate and respond to third-party subpoena requests;
- Review and draft employment-related documents, including employment agreements, separation agreements, consulting agreements, offer letters, and confidentiality agreements.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Member in good standing with the Texas or other state bar
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school
- 6+ years of employment and litigation experience in an in-house legal department or with an elite law firm
- Ability to appreciate the business side of a transaction, as well as the legal - and balance appropriately
- Provide accurate, reasoned and concise advice on short notice without undue reliance on outside counsel
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required and work in various time zones as needed.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.