This job post is no longer available
Lead Software Engineer
21 Dec → 20 Jan
Windsor, CT, USA
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer who finds creative solutions to challenging problems. This individual needs to be comfortable engaging in new technologies and being the first to implement solutions using those technologies.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here . SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities.
- Design and lead development of REST APIs and microservices to integrate with internal and external client systems
- Perform work on proof-of-concept projects to validate proposed solutions
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Explore new technologies to determine the appropriate implementation patterns
- Work closely with business teams to design effective technical solutions for the business needs
- Work with a product owner within an agile team to define, develop, and estimate user stories and epics
- Work with BA and QA to create and implement automated BDD tests
- Assist architects in the definition of standards and patterns for the development teams to follow
- Ensure the ongoing scalability, security, and maintainability of our products
- Define technical requirements for new development, which includes developing new and modifying existing code
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of work-related experience; or Master's degree and 4 years of work-related experience; or 8 years of equivalent work-related experience
- At least 8 years of experience in application development with proficiency in Java, Angular, Kafka, and Spring/SpringBoot is ideal.
- A passion for continuous learning as well as the ability to learn quickly and apply new skills
- The candidate should have extensive experience with: RESTful web services, Developing and maintaining SaaS applications, Working in an agile environment using Scrum.
- Experience with the following technologies is desired: Java, Junit, and JEE technologies, Microservice Development, JSON and XML, GitHub CICD pipelines
- Experience in the following languages would be a plus but not required: Python, Ruby, C++, C#/.NET, Basic understanding of COBOL
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.