This job post is no longer available
Senior Frontend Software Developer
21 Dec → 20 Jan
Denver, CO, USA
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Developer to join our rapidly growing Technology team. This full-time position is to be based in our Denver, Colorado office or with the option of full-time remote within the United States, Canada, or LATAM. This high-profile role, reporting to the Director of Development, will have exposure to influence the vision and implementation of architecture, design, and features for the world-class platform to disrupt the future of work. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mindset, endless passion, and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals.
At Velocity Global, we value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Help to execute on our technical vision and roadmap that align development activities and projects with company and team goals.
- Participate in all product development activities from ideation to delivery as a "no ego" team member.
- Participate in software design, acting as an agent of change to provide out-of-the-box thinking.
- Collaborate with team members to break big problems into smaller ones and iterate for success.
- Engage in delivery of software via a continuously improving development process, creating a highly predictable software delivery machine.
- Lead with a positive mindset, can-do attitude, and extreme ownership over your work, inspiring accountability within the team.
- Provide training and mentorship, passionately developing the skills and talents of others.
- Help to attract top notch talent to join our existing team of experienced engineers.
Requirements / Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience developing commercial software.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field is nice but aptitude and experience trump. We find that the best software developers come from many diverse backgrounds.
- Solid Backend Capabilities: Experience with modern API frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and a solid foundation in REST best practices. Experience with GraphQL or Elixir/Phoenix is a big plus. Understanding of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token. A good sense for separation of concerns when integrating backend and frontend functionality.
- Seasoned Engineering Chops: Have experience participating in the delivery of large scale systems and making a tremendous impact, optimizing components for maximum re-use and performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Design Thinking Culture: Experience taking part in cross-functional design ideations that turn client tested prototypes into product, translating designs and wireframes into high quality code with a forensic attention to detail.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.