This job post is no longer available
01 Dec → 31 Dec
Framingham, MA, USA
We are seeking a Project Accountant to work with our Project Managers. The ideal candidate will have accounting experience/background working with billing, preferably in a construction/engineering firm but not required. The Project Accountant will be an integral part of the accounting team and will proactively work with Project Managers and Business Unit Financial Analysts and be accountable for project setup, project file maintenance, monitoring progress of assigned projects, and ensuring that projects are invoiced timely to customers and payments are collected in adherence to contract terms.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.
- Utilize accounting system (Microsoft D365) to drive the billing and invoicing process for contracts;
- Project initiation, maintenance, and closeout within accounting system;
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PMs) and Business Unit financial analysts regarding contract documents, project set-up, change orders, modifications, approvals, and any requests related to billing;
- Prepare monthly and off-cycle invoices (draft and final) for billable projects, supported by detail charge reports and applicable copies of expense receipts (for T&M projects);
- Prepare milestone invoices as directed by PMs (for Fixed Fee projects);
- Resolve questions on invoices and interface with PMs and client counterparts;
- Assess and pursue opportunities to maximize client billing. Discuss unbilled amounts with PMs to optimize billing opportunities for the period;
- Responsible for maintenance of all financial records for assigned projects;
- Perform other duties as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or a related field.
- 3 years related work experience.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Experience with Microsoft D365 is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms, including time and material and fixed fee and how they are applied in the billing process.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.