This job post is no longer available
Senior Software Engineer, SRE at Sauce Labs
$130.000 - $170.000
18 Mar → 17 Apr
The Sauce Labs Engineering Organization is seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team. SREs at Sauce use their skills as software engineers and their knowledge of infrastructure to further develop our reliability practice in order to keep our services running smoothly. They do this with the ultimate goal of delivering a great customer experience through services that are observable, scalable, and highly available.
Your crucial area of ownership will be implementing systems and tools that underpin the reliability practice at Sauce to enhance the developer experience internally and the customer experience externally. This will include working with teams across the organization to maintain that practice and improve it over time.
- Help lead the technical strategy, architecture, and implementation of existing and new SRE initiatives.
- Work with the product development teams in order to increase the observability of our various applications, services, and infrastructure using tools like Prometheus, Sumo Logic, OpenTelemetry, and Grafana.
- Help maintain our infrastructure through code using tools like Terraform, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes.
- Reduce the impact of service disruptions through our incident management process.
- Build and scale internal tooling used by product development teams using Go and Python
You might be a good fit for our team if the following describes you:
- You are experienced with infrastructure as code practices
- You are comfortable working on a Linux command line
- You consistently use your development skills to build tooling and automate tasks
- You dig deep into incidents/problems and come up with unique solutions
- You think of software and infrastructure coming together to form a larger system
- You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and spreading your knowledge
- You battle ruthlessly to fix what’s broken and protect the customer experience
- You are compelled to leave a situation better than you found it
Please note our privacy terms when applying for a job at Sauce Labs.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Security responsibilities at Sauce
At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
#LI-Remote #SauceNA #SauceEU #LI-AL
We are excited to share the base salary for this position exclusive of fringe benefits, potential bonuses or stock-based compensation. Your base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience, along with its relationship to the base salaries of current team members at Sauce Labs that are similarly situated.
Benefits and Perks that we offer include health coverage (medical, dental, and vision) along with disability and life insurance. In addition, Sauce Labs offers parental leave benefits, flexible time off, professional development, and a 401(k) retirement plan with match. To see more about benefits and perks at Sauce Labs, please check out our careers page at saucelabs.com/company/careers.
US Compensation Range