This job post is no longer available
$49.080 - $172.737
26 Nov → 26 Dec
Chicago, IL, USA
UpRight Law is looking for an experienced consumer bankruptcy attorney to join the firm as a partner. This position will provide an opportunity to expand the number of consumer bankruptcy clients you serve and provide the right candidates with the opportunity to earn equity in one of the largest law firms in the consumer space – starting from day one. UpRight Law is an industry leader in servicing consumer debtors’ needs, particularly those debtors in geographically remote regions where people traditionally have experienced difficulty finding, engaging, and working with counsel.
- Our partner attorneys represent our clients in their Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy cases, up through and including the preparation and filing of the client’s bankruptcy petition and representation at the 341 Meeting of Creditors.
- Our partner attorneys are involved in the representation from the outset, by consulting with the client to ensure that he or she is an appropriate candidate for bankruptcy, that the client is pursuing bankruptcy under a Chapter that suits the client’s interest, and that the representation does not pose a conflict of interest.
- The position also involves collaboration with personnel in the Chicago office, who typically assist the client with ministerial and customer service-oriented tasks associated with the representation.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years bankruptcy experience
- Experience with Best Case/Stretto software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Law Degree required
- You must hold all necessary licensure requirements to serve clients in your geographic area of interest
- You must be in good standing with all relevant licensing bodies
Benefits/What We offer
- Bankruptcy software, marketing expenses, and malpractice insurance costs are covered by the firm.
- All marketing and client payments handled by the central office to allow you to focus more of your time on serving clients.
- Support staff in the Chicago office to assist with administrative tasks.
- Membership in a firm with more than 200 experienced bankruptcy attorneys across the country.
- Equity in the firm.
- Health insurance.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.