This job post is no longer available
Workers Compensation Attorney
$75.000 - $80.000
26 Nov → 26 Dec
Boston, MA, USA
As an Insurance Defense Attorney at Liberty Mutual, you'll join a diverse team that values a healthy work/life balance.
Note: Open to anywhere in State of FL for remote work as well if we don't have an office.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- You'll manage the entire legal process, from investigation and discovery though trial prep and court proceedings, representing clients in depositions, site inspections, court hearings, trials, etc. and negotiating settlements as required.
- Researching all applicable laws and findings, you will develop appropriate legal strategies for all stages of litigation and share them with claims representatives and insured clients.
- You'll establish and maintain good relationships with claims representatives and insured clients and occasionally conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments.
- You'll develop and render clear, unambiguous legal opinions and strategies, and draft legal documents including pleadings and motions.
Requirements / Qualifications
- A JD degree
- Membership in the Florida Bar
- Appropriate special licenses to practice before boards or federal courts preferred
- A minimum of one-year experience as an attorney
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the practice of law, as well as pertinent knowledge in related fields
- Familiarity with insurance law a plus
- Proficiency with technologies that reduce costs and facilitate the practice of law and remote work
Benefits/What We offer
- Eligible performance bonuses
- 20 days of flexible time off each year
- Personal holidays
- Pension plan
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.