This job post is no longer available
Marciano Legal Fellow
15 Nov → 15 Dec
Washington, DC, USA
The Marciano Legal Fellow provides essential legal research and fact gathering concerning a wide range of sexual violence issues. The Marciano Legal Fellow will also be expected to draft materials as needed, including memoranda and one-page summaries, and may be asked to review and analyze legislation, regulations, and other policy documents. The fields of law to which the Marciano Legal Fellow will be most exposed include, but are not limited to, the following: constitutional law, criminal law, criminal procedure, appellate law, family law and state and federal policy.
-Minimum 25 hours per week
-Currently unemployed and do not have a fellowship, stipend, or other source of funding to work in 2022
-Applicant has passed the bar examination, or intends to take the exam
-Can demonstrate a substantial commitment to or preparation for pursuing a career in public interest law or government service
-Will endeavor to obtain employment in the public interest or government sector before or immediately following the Fellowship's conclusion
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
The below is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities and/or requirements.
- Support and assist staff in legal and legislative research, with a specific focus on states' sexual violence laws
- Provide the policy department with general legal research and relevant facts regarding sexual assault issues
- Help drafting memorandum, policy statements, and letters to government officials as needed
- Assist with administrative and data input tasks as needed
- Assist in updating and establishing tools for disseminating policy resources, including database materials
- Liaise with RAINN's pro bono law firm partners on assigned projects
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
- Current law student or recent graduate (required qualification)
- Strong writing, research, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interest in policy work
- Demonstrated interest in the issue of sexual violence
- Comfortable with legal research tools, including LexisNexis and Westlaw
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a team player attitude
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.
Two Writing Sample