10 Jun → 10 Jul
Franklin, TN, USA
The Staff Accountant position will work on an individual and team basis within the Financial Reporting department. He or she is responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial information including the preparation of both internal and external financial accounting reports, accounting analyses, account reconciliations and other special projects as assigned. This person will deliver consistent and accurate information on a timely basis. This individual must be able to manage multiple priorities, display an extremely high level of organizational skills and display honesty and integrity when producing, delivering and distributing accurate and detailed financial information.
This position will primarily perform duties related to the Company’s claim-based liabilities, various account rollforwards, including journal entries, as well as assisting in other periodic tasks related to external financial reporting. The intent is to build a broad and strong understanding of the financial reporting process that will serve as the basis for upward mobility within the team and Company.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and journal entries for certain claims-based liabilities, intangible assets, environmental liabilities and stock compensation (limited)
- Periodically review related party transactions and conclude on materiality for external financial reporting
- Prepare analysis and accompanying memos for evaluation of going concern, goodwill impairment and other accounting areas, as needed
- Prepare monthly schedules to assist with the preparation of the consolidated financial statements or with stand-alone or stub-period financial statements, as applicable
- Assist with the preparation of certain quarterly and annual financial statement footnote disclosures
- Provide other support to the other members of the Financial Reporting department by completing special projects and other periodically assigned duties
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or four-year degree in Accounting
- 1 - 2 years of experience in an accounting environment preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management capabilities
- Strong knowledge of Excel and understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi task
- Possess a professional demeanor
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software. In addition, AS/400 knowledge would be a plus
- CPA License preferred
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.