05 Nov → 05 Dec
Little Rock, AR, USA
The Windstream Legal Department is seeking an entry-level attorney to join its contract support team. In this position, you will provide legal counsel and support for Windstream's procurement team, as well as residential and commercial sales and marketing teams. This position will advise internal clients on legal issues involving negotiation and interpretation of agreement terms and conditions, contract disputes, and marketing promotional materials. The position will report to the Vice President & Assistant Corporate Secretary. This position is remote and can sit anywhere in the US.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating routine commercial transactional agreements with vendors and commercial customers.
- Assisting with contract disputes, including researching and providing guidance on solutions to internal clients.
- Reviewing marketing collateral and promotional materials, as well as advising product teams on compliance with customer contract requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing support for government contract compliance matters.
- Managing contract templates and general workflow for the team.
Requirements / Qualifications
- JD degree from an accredited college or university and good standing in at least one state bar.
- 1-2 years of commercial transactional practice experience at a law firm and/or in an in-house setting; can include clerkships/internships.
- Some experience drafting and negotiating working with commercial agreements, particularly procurement agreements, a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and adept at a fast past environment.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.