02 Nov → 02 Dec
Germantown, MD, USA
Amentum is currently seeking a REMOTE Web Software Developer to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
The Web Software Developer works in an organization that provides web design and development services for Sandia. This organization considers the necessary content management and delivery vehicles needed to attain customer business goals, including web content and communication products. The Web Software Developer shall consult and support all aspects of web development, such as systems analysis and design, user interface and experience design, workflow support, programming, project leadership, and product user training and support.
- Develop new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop requirements, workflow and systems analysis.
- Establish standards for development and maintenance of new and existing products.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver user-experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals.
- Use judgment to suggest solutions that balance customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Create and guide the design of user experiences and interface designs for software features and products.
- Apply standard software engineering practices in the development of the software solutions.
- Develop test plans and performs testing.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and other team members.
- May be responsible for developing or executing software development project plans, budgets, and schedules.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and the ability to maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree and 6 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and 10 years of experience OR a High Schoo Diploma / GED and 14 years of experience.
- Experience developing WordPress themes, and writing WordPress plugins
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and CSS pre-processors (e.g., Sass or Less)
- Experience using Docker and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as PHP, C#, C++, Java
- Experience with web-based development patterns, such as MVC, with understanding of multi-tier systems
- Understanding of SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Understanding of software testing procedures and how to apply them to project work
- Knowledge of configuration management practices and tools such as GitLab
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.