This job post is no longer available
$54.000 - $57.000
28 Oct → 27 Nov
Oakland, CA, USA
This position carries primary responsibility of preparing high quality, polished documents (often several hundred pages long) using Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word, together with supporting planners on a variety of tasks such as maintaining project websites; preparing presentations, meeting notes, and short reports; and general project and office organization.
The ideal candidate will bring strong expertise in InDesign and Microsoft Office, have excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, keen attention to detail, able to work efficiently and meet deadlines, and interest in urban planning.
- Prepare and coordinate documents with high level of graphic, mapping, and photographic content, working with planners and cartographers. Maintain versions, ensure quality control, proof and edit (approx. 50-60% time)
- Provide support for planning projects—prepare PowerPoint presentations, charts and graphs using Excel, transcribe meeting notes, write survey reports, assist with public workshops (virtual and in-person), schedule and manage virtual meetings through Zoom, organize materials, gather data, prepare graphics. (approximately 20-30% time)
- Assist with project websites setup and upkeep (approximately 10% time)
- Administrative support (approximately 10% time)
Requirements / Qualifications
- Candidates must have a BA and minimum one year of relevant work experience.
- Strong expertise in InDesign and MS Word; expertise in other Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Excellent editing, grammar, and verbal communication skills. Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong graphic design skills including knowledge of page layout, information design, typography, UI design, printing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with different levels of staff and clients
- Ability to take initiative, “can do” attitude, and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Desirable Skills: Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, and SketchUp; Web design experience
Benefits/What We offer
- Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, health and disability insurance, retirement plan match, and professional development allowance.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.