This job post is no longer available
27 Oct → 26 Nov
Bar Harbor, ME, USA
Working as part of an integrated Agile development team, the Software Engineer collaborates closely with other software engineers, systems engineers, database administrators, designers and product managers to deliver software capabilities end-to-end across the development life cycle. The engineer actively participates in Agile development practices such as Scrum, Kanban, TDD, paired and mob work, automated and manual testing, and/or leading design sessions, and clarifying value and acceptance criteria for work. Software Engineers enrich JAX capabilities and toolsets, providing innovative solutions to research and business demands. The Software Engineer works on complex functional, technical, or architectural efforts, while executing them in an incremental and value-driven way.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications on their own as well as under direction from senior staff members.
- Performs maintenance programming, as needed, for existing products.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing client architecture for products
- Develop technical, analytical, and agile competencies.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to deliver on product roadmap in a frequent and iterative fashion
- Ability to communicate ideas, strategies, risks and issues effectively
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Have 5 years of experience with Software Development, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Strong experience in object-oriented programming such as Java, Python, C++, C#
- Expertise in SQL Server database design and SQL development, or a demonstrable working understanding of Relational datastores
- Exposure to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Knowledge and/or understanding of other applications in the D365 stack e.g. Power Automate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure environment
- Experience implementing unit tests and working with testing tools
- Expertise in Visual Studio IDE tools and Azure DevOps
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to Agile software development life cycle process and concepts such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Test-Driven Development
- Prior experience developing in LIMS solutions a plus
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.