12 Oct → 11 Nov
Lexington, KY, USA
The Junior Web and Graphic Designer, in conjunction with, the Web Product Manager will create and maintain all APPA's websites, digital and print collateral, social media communication and other design efforts. This position will assist in the discovery, planning, and development phases of web-based products and maintain these products through posting content to HTML and CMS-based websites and general creation of web-ready graphic/audio/video elements.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Develops and implements design strategies to enhance and harmonize APPA's brand.
- Creates presentation materials to support training, webinars, and executive presentations.
- Designs print collateral (brochures, posters, apparel, etc.) in support of marketing campaigns.
- Designs digital collateral (email, social media, ads, etc.) in support of marketing campaigns.
- Designs graphics and front-end interfaces for responsive-based websites.
- Helps maintain APPA's family of websites with updates to content, style, and structure.
- Organizes and grows the design resource library (photos, design elements, fonts, etc.).
- Maintains APPA's online merchandise store.
- Provides staff support at APPA institutes and events.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Associates Degree in a related field
- Minimum three years of design work experience in range of media
- Portfolio of print and digital design work
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse people in different contexts and foster equity and inclusion through self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, and valuing others.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of printing and electronic production methods
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap Framework
- Basic understanding of UX and interactive design theory
- Working knowledge of responsive-based, cross-device approach to web design
- Understanding of SEM and SEO best practices preferred.
- Understanding of W3C Standards, ADA, Section 508, and accessibility concerns preferred.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.