Principal Software Engineer
06 Oct → 05 Nov
Boston, MA, USA
Architecture Enablement Team within Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets - US is actively searching for a Principal Software Developer to join their team! This team provides architectural leadership, support, and enablement of modern, cloud-native software development. Implementing and influencing a platform based on the latest tools, principles, patterns, and practices of cloud-native engineering. This team builds capabilities that allow the organization focus on rapid delivery of business value. Our platform provides mission-critical engineering enablement to application teams, allowing them to create and instantly deploy new applications while taking advantage of open-source enterprise-class capabilities.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- Create tools, patterns, practices, and a cloud-native platform that allow teams to focus on delivering business value rapidly
- Analyze technical system problems, design and implement effective solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Support feature technical implementation
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Executes all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Help with mentoring new and junior developers
- Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers at Liberty Mutual and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs
- Stay on top of immediate technical decisions as well as strategic enterprise architecture
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo
- An evident appreciation of current and emerging technology trends
- You have a deep knowledge of software engineering best practices
- You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Familiarity with application monitoring tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics (desired)
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as AWS and Cloud Foundry (desired)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (desired)
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.