Assistant General Counsel
05 Oct → 04 Nov
Westfield Center, OH, USA
Assistant General Counsel, working under minimal direction of the Corporate Legal Leader and Deputy General Counsel, serves as legal counsel for corporate matters and department areas. Assistant General Counsel provides legal advice and guidance to internal customers on a broad range of legal subject areas. Assistant General Counsel will typically have several areas of legal specialization within the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
- Serves as legal counsel for corporate matters and department areas.
- Provides strategic legal advice on a broad range of legal subject areas which may specifically include responsibility for one or more areas of legal specialization within the company as directed by the General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel.
- Works closely with, and provides support to, senior management and employees at all levels of the company on legal issues, risks, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Solves complex problems and issues. Utilizing experience and knowledge, takes a new perspective on using existing solutions.
- Drafts, negotiates, analyzes, and reviews a broad range of commercial documents and corporate agreements, legal memoranda, letters, and other legal documents upon request.
- Promotes, monitors, and reports upon compliance with company-wide policies and procedures and takes immediate corrective action as required.
- Proactively recognizes and reports on trends and problem areas; recommends courses of action to promote efficiency and cost-effective solutions.
- Keeps informed of insurance-specific regulations that impact the company and ensures that appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
- Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Juris Doctor Degree or equivalent from an accredited U.S. law school and qualified to practice law in the state of Ohio.
- 5+ years of experience in the corporate legal discipline.
- Experience utilizing strong business acumen in making recommendations and decisions.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Lotus Notes; and accessing Internet for legal research.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to be diplomatic, resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
- Experience establishing and meeting deadlines, works well under pressure, and handles multiple priorities.
Benefits/What We offer
- Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness
- Pension plan
- Annual incentive
- Education reimbursement
- Onsite fitness center
- Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.