04 Oct → 03 Nov
Herndon, VA 20170, USA
Reporting to the CEO and interacting at all levels of the organization, the person chosen to fill this role will be responsible for consolidating and eventually scaling our accounting and finance department. Initially, you will focus on budget development, cost accounting, and reporting requirements at the individual contract and the company level. You will also be responsible for identifying areas of improvement and implementing solutions that improve the accounting function, as well as managing the day-to-day relationship with our external bookkeepers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Create, track, and analyze contracts in the accounting system
- Prepare and post accurate contract revenue and cost accruals in accordance with contract terms
- Perform percentage-of-completion accounting for Fixed Price jobs
- Analyze financial performance of projects, identify and research financial variances, and present financial results to operations and management
- Comply with US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and company Internal accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare company annual budgets and quarterly forecasts in coordination with stakeholders
- Prepare monthly and annual reports for review with company leadership
- Effectively communicate with Directors, Project Managers, Functional Managers and staff to address and resolve issues regarding project financial variances, budgeting and forecasting, contract vendor orders, customer billings, and contract terms & conditions
- Coordinate, prepare for, and support internal and external audit requests
- Enhance project profitability and compliance through cost analysis, financial control and adherence to standards for ethics and business conduct
- Provide banking and basic cash management actions
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree Business/Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of progressively responsible experience in professional services or a project-oriented environment required
- Strong accounting foundation required, i.e., solid understanding of accounting principles, experience with revenue recognition, and journal entries
- Experience working in a federal government contracting environment including FAR requirements and DCAA compliance
- Experience with QuickBooks; familiarity with other accounting software packages (e.g. UnaNet, Procas)
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.