WordPress Engineer (Remote/Worldwide)
27 Sep → 27 Oct
Portland, OR, USA
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 80+ experts (from 25+ countries and 6 continents) enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for the right person to join our engineering team who will support XWP’s mission of building a better web at enterprise scale by delivering exceptional software and great client experiences, within a supportive and growth-oriented environment.
Payscale & Benefits
Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
The joys of remote work done right (schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work)
The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the open web.
An expected salary range of USD $55,000 to $75,000 or contractor rates of $30-$45/Hr ($4,500 - $7,500/month)
Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life, and other benefits.
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
- Contribute to estimations for all tickets in the backlog and participate in Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Review Meetings
- Adhere to Agile SCRUM Methodologies and organizational processes
- Always be open to feedback and new ways of doing things
- Be a candid, respectful, and supportive teammate and leader
- Work closely and collaboratively with others to develop solutions
- E2E testing and frameworks such PHPUnit, QUnit, and Mocha
- Architectural peer reviews for code created by other engineers
- Set up CI/CD workflows with Travis CI or Github Actions
- Develop custom WordPress plugins, with the help of Senior engineers, which will be ready for use at enterprise scale
- Receive feedback and always strive to improve code quality
- Utilize WordPress technologies like WP-CLI and the WP-REST-API
Requirements / Qualifications
- You have a keen eye for details, even the small ones
- You are an enthusiastic WordPress advocate
- You are fueled by a balanced blend of humility and confidence
- You appreciate order and efficiency, but have an action-oriented approach
- You have an appetite for learning and self-development
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
- You’ve completed many small to medium scale WordPress projects
- You’ve been involved in one more complex, large scale WordPress projects
- You’ve built complex custom WordPress plugins from scratch
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.