Planning Engineer I - US Remote
$46.000 - $103.000
01 May → 31 May
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Planning Engineer I automation is a remote-based full-time position, individual contributor who is part of the Local/ILEC Edge Planning team in Lumen’s North American Operations group.
This position is responsible for identifying, prototyping and script automation opportunities to support the Edge Planner activities of design, costing and inventory of the Lumen network.
The Main Responsibilities
- Identify and implement automation improvement opportunities including script, report, database and/or tool development or enhancements.
- Assist with the development of business cases and seek funding approval in support of required script, report, database and/or tool development or enhancements.
- Partner with the other key resources to refine requirements for script, report, database or tool development or enhancements for both BOA (business owned applications) and IT owned applications.
- Develop new and/or enhance existing scripts, reports, databases and/or tools/systems in support of local planning activities.
- Test newly developed or enhanced scripts, reports and/or tools.
- Document coding associated with developed/enhanced scripts, reports, databases and tools.
- Collaborate with leadership to prioritize script, report, database and tool development and enhancements.
- Work with IT personnel, when appropriate, to support script, report, database or tool development and enhancements.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 2+ years of related experience or college work projects in computer science or engineering.
- Associate/Two years degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- Experience with any programming skills such as SQL, VBA, Power BI, etc.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Copper and Fiber Optic Cable (Underground, Aerial, Buried) and manhole and conduit design a plus.
- Knowledge of Fiber to the Tower, Fiber to the Business, Fiber to the Node and Fiber to the Home Architectures and Technologies a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent program. Requires use of systems, including but not limited to GSA, Google Earth, Fireworks, etc.
- Strong writing, analytical and presentation skills.
- Must be highly adept at collaborating and communicating with others, at all levels in the organization.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 322075
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.