This job post is no longer available
Referral Services Assistant
$29.000 - $3.800
22 Sep → 22 Oct
Miami, FL, USA
The Referral Services Assistant is responsible for providing support to clinical team to facilitate the administrative components of clinical referrals for case management or disease management services to include home health, nutritional counseling, etc.
- Initiates and manages clinical referrals for participants registered in a disease management or health program.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital, health plans, physicians, patients, vendors, and other referral sources.
- Reviews referrals for completeness and follows up for additional information.
- Assigns referrals to staff.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations from insurance plans.
- Maintains database of insurance companies for verification of coverage, accepted plans, and requirements for patient eligibility.
- Contacts physician offices to obtain demographic information or related data.
- Enters referrals and documents communications in system.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Requires a HS diploma and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare environment
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Ability to travel may be required.
Benefits/What We offer
- Market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.