This job post is no longer available
Triage Registered Nurse
$58.000 - $78.000
21 Sep → 21 Oct
Gaithersburg, MD, USA
MPF Federal is seeking RNs to work remotely from their US-based homes using secure equipment provided by MPF. RNs will provide Triage support in states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact: Weekend Shifts mandatory.
- Triage all symptom-based calls and give recommendations according to the approved triage protocol
- Communicate with beneficiaries primarily by phone, also via text, online (web) chat, email required
- Provide professional nursing assessment and intervention to patients with acute and chronic care needs
- Mobilize patient and family to employ healthy coping strategies, engage in shared decision-making and utilize community resources
- Identify gaps in patient services; develop and utilize alternative resources
- Exercise professional nursing judgment and advanced communication skills to network with a variety of professionals, agencies, and systems
- Demonstrate mandatory and clinical competencies of the position
- Serve as a liaison between nursing staff and all providers to improve the clinical experience for the patient, staff, and provider
- Prepare individuals for primary care manager/physician visits
Requirements / Qualifications
- Previous experience working within a military population. RNs who are retired military, family members of Active Duty Service Members (ADSM), working knowledge of/worked at an MTF or VA center.
- Experience in phone triage, phone processing, discharge planning or case management.
- Former telehealth experience a plus
- Seeking RNs that are Bilingual English/Spanish
- 3-4 years of experience as a registered nurse in an inpatient and/or ambulatory care.
- Active, unrestricted RN license.
- Must be able to commit to 100% attendance for first 90 days.
- Must have experience with electronic documentation.
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Office applications and strong technical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work evening shifts on a rotating schedule including weekends
- Previous experience telephone triage using electronic triage software and computerized medical protocols is considered an asset
- Seeking RNs that are Bilingual English/Spanish/or other languages
- Flexibility with hours, including being able to work weekends
- Designated office space in your home that is separated by a door to keep out all background noise during your scheduled shifts.
- Reliable high speed internet access (no dial-up).
- Full compliance with MPF Federal policies and procedures, including HIPAA requirements
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.