This job post is no longer available
16 Sep → 16 Oct
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Provide continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients. Create and maintain a safe environment for patients assigned to monitoring. Dedicated attention to observing patients with no outside distractions. Notifies nurse and other clinical staff via communication equipment. Always vigilant.
- Monitors and redirects up to twelve (12) patients at a time.
- Calls the beside staff if there is an issue.
- Makes observations/collects and reports data.
- Ensures that patient information is entered and sent into system.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others.
- Verbally redirects patient over communication device.
- Manages technical and support systems with unit personnel and inter-departmental hospital services to facilitate communication and access to pertinent data and/or supplies needed for patient care.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Participates in learning and other opportunities for developing and maintaining competence in role.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- High School or GED required
- Associate's or Vocational degree or 2 quarters of clinical experience in a nursing program or Medical Assistant Certification or a graduate of an approved Allina Health program required
- 2 to 5 Years of patient care experience in an acute care setting or Completion of one (1) nursing clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program required or
- 2 to 5 Years of telehealth experience with patient interaction required and
- 2 to 5 Years of demonstrated computer experience within the past three (3) years- typing proficiency in word and email required
- Less than 2 Years with electronic medical record system preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants required or Associate's or Vocational degree or 2 quarters of clinical experience in a nursing program or a graduate of an approved Allina Health program
- Medical Terminology preferred
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.