Assistant Director for On-Campus and Virtual Programs
$60.000 - $65.000
07 Jun → 07 Jul
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
The Assistant Director for on-campus and virtual programs is primarily responsible for planning, implementing, supervising and assessing of on-campus and online visitation programs. This position serves as a key member of the Recruitment and Management Teams and a primary advisor to the Associate Director of Recruitment and Strategic Initiatives and the Senior Associate Director of Recruitment and Operations on all matters concerning recruitment programming.
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
- 40% Develops, implements and manages all aspects of specific Admissions Recruiting Visitation Programs including Campus Day, and other in-person and virtual events for prospective and admitted students. Utilizes defined budget to develop strategic goals for the programs and measure their effectiveness. Manages all aspects of programs including budget, supervision and training of related staff, as well as all program logistics and evaluation. Ensures effectiveness with targeted student groups. Recommends and develops periodic reports and proposals, including reports on relative department operations and new programs.
- 30% Develops and maintains relationships with university offices, schools/colleges that recruit undergraduates and ensure communication of admissions requirement changes. Interviews, recommends for hire, and hires recruitment personnel. Supervises and trains team members. Evaluates and recommends salary and merit increases for subordinate recruitment staff. Represents Undergraduate Admissions Office on committees and professional meetings.
- 20% Evaluates application for admission and communicate appropriate actions/decisions to applicants. Provide information and interpretations regarding experiences to high school and community college counselors, staff, prospective student, parents and faculty. Respond to difficult referral cases on admissions for all units and programs.
- 10% Collaborates with Systems and Research, Marketing and Communications, and Tech teams to acquire and utilize data, develop and maintain registration and attendance records, and communicate with prospective students. Coordinates with Events Manager on venues, reservations, catering, contracts, and other related areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four years of professional experience related to admissions, recruitment, and/or student services, specifically in higher education.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equal opportunity. Experience with students and work environments of a diverse background.
- Ability to travel within and outside state of Michigan. Overnight travel, evening and weekend work is required.
- Please note: There is a need for the selected candidate to independently secure reliable internet access/wifi due to the current remote work arrangement. This position is typically expected to work on-campus, and the incumbent may be expected to do so upon direction, following public health and University guidelines.
Benefits/What We offer
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.