Registry Abstraction Nurse
10 Sep → 10 Oct
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
This job performs clinical review and data abstraction of patient records to support compliance with nationally recognized quality initiatives and the network's clinical process improvement and patient safety initiatives. The incumbent requires in-depth understanding of anatomy, physiology and clinical scenarios, critical thinking skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet set deadlines. The incumbent will be responsible for communicating with physicians and staff to seek clarification and provide education as needed.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- Abstracts key clinical findings accurately and in a timely manner and performs direct data entry for inclusion into an aggregate database to meet the requirements of the state, internal use, third party payer requirements and external quality improvement participation based on guidelines. Identifies outliers, records them appropriately and seeks clarification as needed. (80%)
- Performs system functions such as data imports and exports and report running as needed. (10%)
- Participates in ongoing inter rater reliability to ensure accuracy of data abstraction. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Requirements / Qualifications
- High School/GED
- RN license or higher
- 3 years working with cardiovascular patients
- 3 years of Strong professional, organizational, communication and inter-disciplinary collaboration skills required to effectively work with all levels of the hospital, including physicians, nursing and support departments
- Working knowledge of data reporting requirements for the various participating registries
- Able to participate in prioritization of data elements and contribute to workflows for data collection activities
- Meets established productivity and accuracy standards
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform well with team in a remote work environment
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.