This job post is no longer available
Registered Nurse RN Clinical Trainer Kidney Care - Raleigh
08 Sep → 08 Oct
Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA
As a Registered Nurse (RN) Kidney Care Educator, you will play an important role in the education and empowerment of individuals with kidney disease. The Kidney Care Educator will be the educational lead in a market, serving the needs of patients with reduced kidney function. The Kidney Care Educator will engage individuals over the phone, in CVS locations, and the home to give kidney disease and modality education to help them better understand their needs and treatment options. The Kidney Care Educator empowers patients to believe that the kidney treatment options available to them are possible, when it is clinically appropriate.
Facilitate and perform 1:1 education sessions on the available treatment options (transplant, home dialysis, etc.) to patients with ESRD and their caregivers and family members; conduct small-group education seminars on kidney disease and treatment options; conduct training and patient assessments and to help identify potential barriers to transplant and home modalities.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Work independently to track progress of patient visits and necessary interventions to address patient barriers
Connect patients with the necessary resources within the community to facilitate a healthy and safe transition to ESRD or transfer from one renal replacement modality to another
Coordinate by phone with interdisciplinary care team to facilitate care coordination and ensure all patient medical needs are met
Review and update patient medical records to help build a holistic picture of patient care for all stakeholders
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in nursing
- Current compact nursing license in state of NC
- Resides in North Carolina or surrounding state
- Minimum three years of previous experience in patient education
- Minimum 5-8 years Renal nursing experience
- Minimum two years’ experience working as a Home Dialysis Nurse or Case Manager
- Valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to read and understand medical information related to a specialized area
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals from broad social/economic backgrounds
- A personal connection to kidney transplant or home dialysis; passion for the cause of patient empowerment and education a plus
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.