Attorney - Tax Exemptions
07 Sep → 07 Oct
Oakland, CA, USA
Trustpoint.one is pleased to be supporting an AmLaw 50 law firm in their search for an Attorney with strong Tax Exemption experience. This remote, long-term, open-ended contract position offers the opportunity for high-level, sophisticated work and the opportunity to act as a mentor to more junior Associates. The Tax Exemption Attorney will be responsible for advising tax-exempt clients on matters that include risk, tax exemption status and general tax-related advice.
- Handling real estate tax issues
- Tax exempt bond financing
- 501(c)(3) opinion relating to tax exempt bond financing
- Providing advice to 501(c)(3) organization planning to acquire a for profit business as a subsidiary
- Providing advice to 501(c)(6) trade association
- Researching facts and drafting Section 501(c)(4) opinions
- Providing tax advice on various tax issues for 501(c)(6) and Section 501(c)(3) organizations
- Providing tax advice concerning various Section 501(c)(3) issues
- Counseling Section 501(c)(3) organizations on commercial activities, including participation investment funds
- Other miscellaneous billable matters for tax exempt organizations
Requirements / Qualifications
- The qualified Tax Exemption Attorney will have significant (10+ years) experience handling such matters, ideally from another large law firm.
- All Attorneys must be admitted to the Bar, in good standing, in the State in which the work will be performed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.